How to prepare for your beauty treatments and permanent makeup and look after yourself afterwards
Advice on Pre & Post Beauty Treatment and Permanent Makeup
Over the first 4 days you may experience some of the following symptoms
- Minor swelling and redness
- Mild tenderness
- Itchiness in the eyebrow area
- Dry flaking skin
- These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process
Daily care for the first 7 days
- In the evening after the treatment and for the following 7 days use some cooled boiled water with a clean cotton pads and gently wipe the area and dab dry with clean cotton pads
- Keep brows/eye’s dry for 14 days
- We recommend dry healing for brows as it always has the best healed retention results
- Always wash hands prior to touching the area
- We recommend you use a gentle facial wash to keep your skin fresh during the first week, use a flannel to remove and avoid the brow area. Do not splash your face with water
- If for any reason your permanent, make up gets wet dry the area asap using clean dry cotton pads
- Keep your hair away from the treated area to prevent a possible infection
- Some itching is normal DO NOT PICK PEEL OR RUB, the area as this can lead to scarring and to heal unevenly. Allow the colour to flake away naturally on its own
- Do not receive any facials or skin treatments for up to 2 weeks after treatment
- No make-up on the area or close for the first 14 days.
Avoid for 2 weeks after treatment
- Do not expose your permanent make up to direct sunlight, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower sprays
- Do not exercise or cause excessive sweating
- Do not receive any of the following tinting, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to the brow area
- Colour is stronger and more defined for the 10-14days after this your brows will soften and lighten
- Make sure your top up appointment is booked anywhere from 4 weeks
- Keep in mind that you can lose some pigment in areas and will be put back once you’re in for your top up 4 weeks later
Long term care
- Use a good sunscreen, sun exposer will fade your permanent enhancement
- If you are planning on having a chemical peel, laser procedures or an MRI scan please inform you technician that you have permanent make up enhancement
- Please ensure the national blood service if you donate as may not be eligible to give blood for 4 months post application.
Pre treatment advice –
Sensitivity patch must be carried out at least 24hrs prior to treatment.
Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, Coumadin and alcohol for 48hrs prior to treatment. (Please consult with a doctor if medication is needed on a daily basis)
Any waxing or threading should be performed at least 48hrs prior to treatment.
Some selling may appear after treatment and slight redness around the brow area from wiping away pigment, so we do recommend to not have any social plans that day.
If you have a history or have ever had cold sores (herpes simplex), we advise you contact your doctor to obtain the proper medication to prevent such outbreaks.
Permanent make up treatments do not cause cold sores but however, if you carry the virus, it lay dormant in the body and can be aroused by the treatment.
Lip waxing or bleaching treatments should not be undertaken for at least a 2 week period preceding your permanent make up treatment.
Make a start on a new you...Say Hello!
You can fill out the form below to contact us or call us on 07833 448370